To install Node.js, in a web browser, navigate to nodejs.org/en/download.
Click the Windows Installer (.msi).
1. Once the installer is downloaded to your machine, click the installer file to launch the installation.
2. A popup window will be displayed and ask if you want to run the software. Click ‘Run’
3. In the Node.js Setup Wizard, click the Next button.
4. On the next screen, click Next button to agree with the terms of conditions and install the software.
5. The installer will ask you to confirm on the installation location. You can choose the default location and then click Next.
6. In the next page, the installation wizard will let you to select the options. You can opt to accept the defaults by clicking Next button once again.
7. In the next page, click the Install button to complete the installation process. Once done, click Finish and exit.
Alternatively, node.js can be installed using choco and it will be a better option, for the server users.
Before proceeding with the node.js installation, the below command needs to be executed from the elevated powershell.
choco feature enable -n allowGlobalConfirmation
The output will be something similar below,
Once the feature enabling permission is set, we can proceed with the choco installation, by running the below command,
choco install nodejs.install
Once the installation is finished, you will see the below powershell output,
To verify the installation status,