Plesk FTP Error : Cannot log in, home directory inaccessible
Plesk Error : –
Cannot log in, home directory inaccessible
1. This happens if the host name is longer than 15 symbols.
2. Domain resolves to a different IP than the one which has been configured in Plesk.
3. FTP server configuration is broken.
1. To change the host name right-click the My Computer icon, choose Properties. Select Computer Name tab then click Change button. Specify the computer name as desired and click OK. When done, restart your computer.
2. Please check if domain.com resolves to the same IP it has been configured for in Plesk. You can use the following command :
The returned IP should be the same as the one configured in Plesk for the domain.
3. If the name of your server is shorter than 15 symbols and domain resolves to the proper IP it could mean that something is broken in FTP configuration.
You should follow the steps below to fix the issue:
a. Repair permissions on home folders of problem domains. It can be done using the Control Panel:
Plesk , domains, mark problem domain, Click on Check permissions
b. Re-configure FTP configuration using Plesk command line tool ftpmng.exe as follows:
“%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe” –remove-vhost –vhost-name=yourdomain.com
“%plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe” –reconfigure-vhost –vhost-name=yourdomain.com
c. If this issue happens to every domain you can repair FTP configuration for all domains using commands as below: